Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday, July 14th, 2008

Monday 14
Called Mandy to ask about appointment. I finally get her instead of voicemail. She said “We’re still waiting for your records to come in but we’ll call you when they’re here, k?” You have them, I say. No, we don’t. Yes, you do, go check. She checks, comes back, “We have them. Let me get together with the reviewer and we’ll see when we can get you in.” Can you call me back before 5pm today? She says, “Sure thing.” Bull.
I putter around at mom’s during the am ‘til Jeff comes back from his GP appointment. Lunch with Salle at PF Chang’s, doing paperwork and catching upPick up Jeff to go to his shoulder appointment, HUGE line in waiting room. I'm off to pick up Rx, get Gas, do biz stuff at Century 21. I told Denise, the receptionist at work, about the situation because she just told me about a friend of hers who's Dad has cancer. I spend a little time hugging a few fellow Realtors, catching up with news and joking around while I send off a fax and make copies of a contract and then go back to get Jeff.
At 3pm, there still no word from Mandy, so I call her. Get her again! However, now she tells me that she has just checked and my records are all in, telling me not to expect to get in for an appointment for at least 2 weeks, though, because now they needed to be reviewed. But, no worries ‘cause my kind of cancer was slow growing anyway. I can’t believe what I’m hearing. I had told her on day 2 that it was a rare form of cancer reported to be more aggressive than your average appendiceal cancer. I tell her this again. She says, “Oh,really? Let me see if I can find anything sooner.” She signs off and comes back to tell me that they can’t get me in until sometime in August. But, she’ll put me on the waiting list in case someone cancels their appointment. (Or, dies waiting for Mandy to make their appointment.)
I’m just heartbroken and feel like she’s inadvertently postponed my appointment because she didn’t do her job to see if my records were in. I hit rock bottom and cry my eyes out when Jeff gets in the car from his appointment. We go out with Salle for a few beers and talk about other things, thank goodness for the distraction. Then, Jeff and I pack up our stuff and the dog and drive back to Austin.
One ray of sunshine is the verdict on the kitten. On the way back into Austin, we stop by Buck-ees and the cleanest bathrooms in 6 counties again. I ask the cashiers if they have any news on the kitten. The coke machine cleaning lady from before tells me that the kitten is fine, walking around and being fed with an eye dropper by the lady whose hubby works for animal control. Yay and YIPPEE!!!! Coke machine lady tells me that the animal control family is probably going to keep him. DOUBLE yippee!! A ray of sunshine parts the clouds and breaks through my blues for a little while, but doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. I'm still really anxious about the Mandy situation and feel like my best chances are with MD A. Sinking again.....
Deep hole, the biggest that I’ve encountered so far. I consider my options going local and don’t like the idea, but don’t want to wait too long while the Oid gets a better foothold. I start thinking, “I might just die after all.” Not good. This is the attitude that can kill you and it’s the first time I’ve gone negative about the whole thing. After crying for half the night, I vow to do something about it instead of feeling so hopeless.

No comments: