Monday, July 21, 2008

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday 19
In the wee hours, I do more research and catch up on blogging. I end up writing to my friends and family members who don’t know yet about the cancer to ask them for prayers, good vibes and positive mojo. Immediately, I begin to get some extremely encouraging emails in return and just know that this much love is going to go a long way. I’m so blessed with great friends in my life, I just can’t tell you. They are so amazing and I’m feeling so rich.
Jeff went out to lunch with a friend and I called to break the news to my older sister. I called a client of mine to see if he was okay with my co-worker, Bryan C., taking over some of the listing responsiblities if I became incapacitated and couldn't get it done. He offered up his house for Jeff and I to stay in. Wow. I'm just floored. Then, Bryan C. says that he'll take care of my client and he doesn't want any compensation for it. Wow, again, but Bryan is just this way. I feel so lucky to be friends with Bryan and his wife, Marilyn. I just feel surrounded by beautiful people. (Sorry 'bout the gushing, but sometimes, you gotta gush or cry. I prefer gushing.)
After being seriously gushy, I got on the computer and researched some more, did some yoga and then took a nap in preparation for some evening activities. We went out to dinner with my little sister, Stephanie, (Oh, me loves my Tex-Mex~!) and then we all went to the Black Star Co-op beer social, where you can get 3 beer tickets, listen to live music and people watch all you want. We had a great time and are now charter members of the world’s first beer brew-pub cooperative. Jeff and I are part owners….No, really! =) Jeff is such a beer nerd that we couldn’t resist. Plus, I may be able to get more involved in the brew-pub after I get better. I’d like that.
We come home and watch Space Cowboys. Now, on Sunday, I can’t get the song, “Fly me to the Moon” off my mind! It’s the last song in the movie and I get easily addicted to songs. Yes, I AM Frank Sinatra today….

No comments: