Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday, July 27, 2008

April will be away from the computer for awhile but will be checking in on occasion. Please check back later....Thanks! =) This will be fleshed out fully once I get the chance, but will remain sketchy for a bit. Thank you for your patience!

The day before my appointment with Doctor Lambert, Jeff and I are invited over to dinner at Michael and Susie Brown's place. Their neighbor came in with a surplus catch of fish and donated quite a bit of his very fresh catch to his buds next door. So, Jeff and I get to benefit from this generosity, as well as M and S! Salle Walle, me best bud, was invited but had to decline 'cause she's got to get ready for an out of town trip. Jeff and I got comfy and headed over to their place around 7ish. What a meal! Gourmet to the nines and Jeff and I were told to bring nothing but our appetites! We are so spoiled by Susie's cooking and the fish is delish. Couldn't have better conversation, either. After about 1 hour of chit-chat, Michael finally turns to me and says, "Okay, so give us the skinny, what's going on...full story!" We give them the full run down and Michael is tearing up until I threaten him with a shrimp cocktail. I've told folks that I'll throw things at them if they treat me any different and the shrimp is the closest thing at hand....with cocktail sauce, to boot. Micheal dries up pretty quickly and the conversation turns to how many people they/we know who've battled some kind of physical garbage of one sort or another. Are we getting old? Nah...just have friends who've camped near Three Mile Island. Seriously, the evening was a smash and Jeff and I went back to Momcat's feeling great, though still a little trepedatious about the meeting with the doc. tomorrow. Dinner went a long way to alleviate some of those nerves, though, and we're very grateful again for such great friends. Tally Ho and on toward the first appointment at MD Anderson. I'm so ready!!!

No comments: