Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday, July 22

Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Another 3 hour break in the middle of my sleep cycle! Man, I need a good sleep aid! I awoke at 2:30 and didn’t get back to sleep until about 5:30. Read, blog, play Spider, drink chocolate milk, read some more and finally pass back out. 4-5 hours of sleep per night ain’t gonna cut it so I will ask about sleep medication when I go to see my oncologist this week. Beware! This blog might get weird ‘cause I’m one sleep deprived mama right now and might be on drugs by next week! =)
Off to finish out the Octreoscan this morning. They told me that it would take 2 hours but it only took one. Also, the tech said that the testing no longer goes to 48 hours. So, be careful of what you read on Google and be sure to question everything yourselves!
They took more pics and, afterward, I asked them to make a copy of the films for MD Anderson and to get those over to Dr. Bala, local oncologist, so that I can pick them up later this week. They’re gonna do that and I’ll hand deliver the films to Dr. Lambert.
HANDY TIP: BUY YOGA PANTS AND/OR SOME LIGHT SWEAT PANTS RIGHT NOW IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET LOTS OF TESTING DONE!!! Today, because I am just so darned brilliant, I just had to remove my brassiere and didn’t have to remove ANY of my dignity! =) What a bargain. Make sure that there are no zippers, metal fasteners, bulky pockets, etc. and you should be okay. Then, just make that your test uniform, along with a tee shirt. *Voila!* No need to worry about inadvertently mooning the techs.
Out to lunch with Jeff to have some great Chinese. We are eating out WAY too much these days for some reason and I’m starting to put on a few pounds. Guess I’m getting lazy as a chef, but I’m about to change that. I’m going to try to change my diet to a more nutritious and organic regimen. Fortunately, I usually keep a stock of fresh raw veggies on hand to dip in Lt. Ranch dressing for snacks. So, it won’t be a stretch to do the same with mealtime. However, it might take some doing to get Jeff to convert. We’ll see….shhhh, don’t tell him.
Now, after filling out some of the MD Anderson forms that came in the mail, I’m catching up on blogging and replying to some email messages. You know, one can only do so much tedious work before one has to ‘break’ for something more stimulating. How many times can you fill out what medicines you’re taking, how many per day, what dose and for how long? Past surgeries? List ‘em in detail along with their date. Did they hurt? __ Yes __ No On a scale of 1 to 10, how much? What's your cat's name? Okay, now I’m kidding but, whew!, it can get old doing that over and over and over and over and over again. And, I’m sure there’s more coming.
HANDY TIP: Make a copy of the first set of forms that you have filled out from your first doctor's appointment and keep that in a handy-dandy Oid folder that you will carry around with you from appointment to appointment. This way, you'll have all that information already at hand and will just need to transcribe it all to the new forms. Much easier and more consistant than trying to remember all that garbage again, right. =) Now, aren't you glad you're reading this?

No comments: