Sunday, August 17, 2008

Friday, Saturday, August 15 & 16

Saturday, August 16
Not much occurred yesterday, Friday, except for Joanne Sprott coming over to visit for a bit. Also, we took a walk in the rain. Oh, yeah, then we went to HFCU to transfer some money to different accounts and then had sushi at RedFish. Jeff gets the lion’s share of the rolls ‘cause I get filled up on miso soup….tiny tummy April is in da house! Jeff is going to gain SO much weight at this rate, cleaning up after I’m full. I’m liking the fact that it doesn’t take much to fill me up these days. I wonder how much weight I’ve lost. I can see that it’s quite a bit by looking at my face in the mirror. I have cheekbones! ! I get sweats and chills pretty quickly and we, thankfully, get back in the car where I can adjust the seating and temperature to suit my needs. MUCH better….
Jeff takes me on a quick trip by Kohl’s to search for more yoga pants (no luck there) and then by mom’s to pick up some of my shoes. A blown kiss to the formerly ill girlie, Andi, and a hug to the Alex boyo, then back to the apartment. Later this evening, we watch a little bit of a movie loaned to us by Ken and Sue, “Off the Map,” but I get to feeling poorly, maybe from the Schlotzsky’s, and fall asleep early Friday night. We are SUCH party people these days!
Saturday morning, we get cleaned up so that we can go to collect my staging supplies from my very last listing here in Houston. It’s sold, hurray!!! My bud, Bryan Causey, has taken over the transaction for me and I cannot thank him enough for that. Nice not to have to worry about business while I’m worried about my gastrointestinal health and ability to process food properly, you know? He’s a doll and will forever be on my Christmas list. Around Noon, we head on over to the house, which is in our old neighborhood in Cypress, TX, and pack up 3 boxes of decorations/silk plants. Jeff has to hoist them himself, with his left arm in the sling. This sucks and hurts him quite a bit, but we don’t see an alternative. We drop by my office, where my thoughtful broker has volunteered space for us, and Dan Hodgson carries the boxes into the back room for Jeff. He and his wife, Theresa, are great folks, cream of the crop and salt of the earth kind of people. We’re so grateful for Dan’s help and are gladdened to hear that Theresa has had some great luck with business recently. Good things happen to good people, it's true.
Afterwards, we head by my mom’s to give her, Alex and our dog, KC, a hug before heading back to the apartment. I take a whirl on her scales to see what my weight is and find that I’ve lost at LEAST 10 lbs. already! Yay!!! A stop by CVS, a stop by Subway, and we’re back at the ranch. Jeff is, as of last night, HIGHLY obsessed with a new program that will take your floor plans and make them so that you can ‘go inside’ your home to view how it’ll look, once built. Pretty cool, but he is totally driven by this program instead of the other way around. “Project Jeff” has entered the building! My husband will take on a project and hyperfocus so much that nothing else enters his attention bubble for the duration of the obsession. At this point, I call him the project man, or Project Jeff. When housed with Project Jeff, I am left to my own devices, largely, for much of the afternoon. I read a little, nap a little. I go to take a walk down Hazelhurst, though, and Jeff puts aside the project and joins me, miracle of miracles. We get back and he's back on the computer again. That's fine because he's making incredible progress and is able, in so short a time, to give us a peek at what our house may end up looking like when we build it. Jeff is so multi-talented and, when he takes on a project, he does it RIGHT! I love that.
Later, we head to Kroger to pick up fresh supplies, including some cute bowls that we’ll leave here at Selia’s. Picked up Wendy’s food on the way home and I THOUGHT that I’d be safe eating ½ bowl of chili and ½ baked potato. I was wrong, wrong, so, so wrong. I won’t be eating anything like that again anytime soon, that’s for sure! My beloved enchiladas y tacos will have to wait a very, very long time until we meet again, more’s the pity.
We get home and I crash for a bit. I’m getting a lot of exercise for being such a feeb right now and it wears me out pretty quickly. We finish out “Off the Map” and are totally charmed by this off the wall, off the map movie. What acting! Little Valentina De Angelis is an amazing little actress and the story line is non-standard and full of interesting little points, which is refreshing. If you like slice of life movies that hit on some unusual subjects and pique one’s intellectual interest, you might like this one.
Jim and Cynthia Kam come over for a couple of hours during the evening and we have a great time catching up and joking about illnesses and teenaged boys. (They have 2 of ‘em and our one is keeping us hopping. Alex will be moving to Austin with us next week, I think.) They take off around 10:30 after we watch Michael Phelps win his 8th freakin’ medal in the Olympics. What an athelete! I will forever remember this Olympics as it has been somewhat the background music for my life after surgery at this point. I don’t usually get into sports that much but this year is phenomenal, isn’t it? Worth the watch each time.
We hit the sack almost immediately after they take off for a bit of snuggling and cuddling in the queen sized bed. With Jeff’s shoulder problem and my incision, we haven’t been able to do this in far too long a time and it’s just so nice to renew our cuddles. After about 20 minutes of snoozing together, we set up the “rushing river” sounds on the computer (a sleep aid for me and an inspiration to sing for the frogs outside the bathroom window) and hit our respective beds. Ah, sleep is so good but chili is SO bad. I don’t get a lot of sleep, unfortunately, but well, every experiment can’t come out positive. I'll live but life sucks when you're crampy, sleepy, grumpy and several other of the less positive dwarves....

No comments: