Friday, August 15, 2008

Thursday, August 14

Thursday, August 14
Not much to talk about, this day. Jeff and Alex went to run an errand during the afternoon and I was again left to my own devices. I caught up on my blogging to a small degree and read a little, doing a bit o’ research into chemo and diet related concerns. Low key day, but we went next door to Ken and Sue’s this evening, met their darling doggie and watched a pretty cool little movie, “Everything is Illuminated.” Pretty funny, touching and quirky, just like we like ‘em. So tired of McMovies these days. We finished the movie by 9:30, said our goodnights and walked the 10 feet or so to our front door. Exhausting commute. A little TV and then to bed.
I awoke at 5am to severe abdominal pain and nausea, don’t know why. Took my pain meds and then rolled around a bit to try to find a comfy position. Nope, ain’t gonna happen. I was up for about an hour and then fell asleep to dream disturbing dreams about Jeff. Dang, I can’t wait to get healthy again.
On this day, I’m pondering the wisdom of becoming a “Juicer,” my slang for those kinds of folks who go ‘raw’ with their diets and avoid beef and processed foodage. My cousin is one of them and she sends me all kinds of scary links about how to do your own food processing/become a juicer. Is there a midway point, I wonder? Can I occasionally have my burger with fries or is this thing an all or nothing proposition? If it’s all or nothing, I’m not sure I’m up for it, but if there’s a bit of leeway, I could limit myself. Something to think about, though eating right is cost prohibitive these days. We shall see if I do, indeed, turn to the ‘green’ side..stay tuned, bat fans....

No comments: