Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tuesday, August 12

Tuesday, 8-12-08
We get stuff packed up and wait around for the Doc to come in to give the final Okay to leave. I’d thought that we’d need to be out of the room by 11am but the nurses say not to worry, that we can stay as long as we need to. Okay, good ‘nuf, I’ll order breakfast. I order, eat several bites and hand the rest over to Jeff. Lunch rolls ‘round with no sign of the Doc so Jeff goes to run an errand and returns by 2pm, when the doc arrives. She tells me that I can stay in the hospital if I want overnight if I have any concerns, but I’m ready to go, chills and all. She also tells me that she’d like for me to go see an oncologist at MD Anderson, Dr. Yao, and sets it up for them to call me to set up an appointment. I still have my oncologist in Cedar Park but want that second opinion from the experts at MD A. I fill out 5 “Stars of G5!” forms, which gives accolades and thanks to those nurses, aides, etc., who’ve been exceptional in my ward, we pack up and send for the big old wheelchair limo, which will hold everything that we have and then some. My chauffer is the sparking Shirley again! Great, grand and we’re on our way to Selia’s, finally!!!! =)
Selia’s Habitat Guest House is like a very nice B&B setup, with complete kitchen, 1 bed, 1 bath, little dinette area and living room. Warm and inviting, it just screams of it’s host, Ms. Selia Qynn. I get tears in my eyes when I spot what she’s left on the table in the dinette area. There is a gorgeous, cheerful bouquet of flowers with a giant butterfly balloon attached to it sitting there, right next to a Happy Birthday fruit torte for Jeff that has candles on it that state, “25?” Two cards await us each and I’m just blown away. Wow, what a welcome. Selia is Snow White, I swear. More on this later….gotta see her website. Amazing lady, amazing place. www.selia.com
We drop our stuff off and go to CVS to get prescriptions filled and pick up a few grocery provisions while we’re there. We’re both pooped out and cranky, but grateful to get to a bit of normality for once. We were going to get together with some friends this evening, but thankfully, they cancel and we make plans to order up some Chinese and have dinner together on Wednesday night. Jeff and I get settled in, watch some TV, read a little and then crash HARD at about 10pm. Jeff is sleeping on the sofa because of his left shoulder problems. The queen sized bed is not going to cut it when he has to sleep in a specific way, you know? We logged in about 10 hours of sleep, both of us, thank goodness. Ahhhhhhhh!! What a total RELIEF that is!

No comments: