Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tuesday, August 19

Tuesday, August 19
Jeff is up early to go with Alex to get some business taken care of before he moves with us to Austin. I bum around the apartment, talk on the phone and catch up with blogging before napping. Yawn! I know, I’m so thrilling today! I DO find out, however, that plans are in the works for my friends throwing me a benefit concert at JP Hops House in September. Oh, wow. I don’t know how to think about this but resolve to give the money to folks who need it more than Jeff and I. We are so blessed with savings and insurance where so many are not. I will find folks like single mothers who cannot afford babysitters and food because of their lack of employment due to treatment. Now, I know how to feel about my friends throwing a party/benefit for me….it feels really, really special and good. I adore my buds and feel so lucky, I really do. They say that the key to a good life is to surround yourself with positive and loving people and to ignore the negative people around you. I have a very good life, I’m thinking. =)
Jeff comes back around Noon with Alex and we take care of some other business via internet. All done and ready to go! We get Popeye’s for lunch and then Jeff takes Alex back to Grandmom’s. Once back, Jeff naps and I close the curtains for him while the rain outside patters and lulls him into a deeper sleep. Jeff had stated that he wanted to sit in on the Aikido class over in the 290/Bammel N Houston area this evening, so I make plans to hook up with my best friend for dinner. At about 5pm, I wake Jeff and we get ready to roll. We’ve made plans to hook up with Selia, Kent and Sue a bit later for a going away glass of wine and I want to give Selia and Kent their thank you gift and card, anyway, so we make plans to buy a couple of bottles of wine to bring over there.
I drop Jeff at the Dojo after an unsuccessful attempt to find good quality wine at a little liquor store in a bad part of town. Afterwards, I drive over to Costco to see what kind of reserve wines they have. I pick out a Merlot and a Cabernet Savignon that sound yummy in their descriptions and hope that they’ll be up to speed! Both sound delish but Selia and Kent are very well versed in red wines and I’m not sure what their preferences are. Dry? Sweet? Fruity? Only the shadow knows.
It feels so good to drive and shop again that I just want to linger at Costco, but I call Salle and head over to meet her for dinner. We have a lot of laughs and catch up quite a bit but I wasn’t feeling the best because I only took Ibuprofen because of the driving and future wine consumption. Crawl, Walk, Run. I SO want to run, but I’m afraid that I must resign myself to a slow shuffle for now. Ow, ow, ow. Patience, grasshopper! Still, emotionally, I had a great time ‘cause I felt nearly back to normal, if not for the pain.
Our Aikido friend, Andrew, drops Jeff off and we head on back to Spring Branch. I gobble down my pain meds ‘cause it’s just silly not to at this point, I’m in so much pain. After a bit of a lie down, I feel better and we head over to Selia’s to pop open the bottle of Napa Merlot. Yup, it’s good! I'm not drinking anything but wine because I know my body won't like carbonation. The little bit that I have tonight is just right. Selia really likes the Friendship candle that we got for them and the box that it comes in is really spectacular, opening up like a flower to reveal the actual gift. Kent loves the card. Perfect sentiment and I think it beats the Perry Steakhouse Gift Certificate that we’d originally thought of! Sue joins us in her jammies, I’m in mine and it’s a Pajama party, officially. The conversation is so fun that we end up staying until Midnight before noticing the time. Back to the ranch and to sleep, for tomorrow, we depart for home in Cedar Park!! =) Yay, but I’ll miss this place and these folks, absolutely and for sure….

No comments: