Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Monday, August 25

Monday, August 25
Though I'm still feeling puny, I need to go with Alex to make sure that he's registered properly for the Fall semester. (He has some previous issues with math transfers that might crop up, which is why I'm going with.) We go up to ACC and meet with a counselor who tells us that we'll have to wait because of a problem (really?) regarding Alex's Math classes and whether or not the class that he's already taken will transfer over. Alex may have to take another placement test, in other words, but this counselor is working to get proof that he's ready for College Algebra. We thank her and head back home to wait for her call. She calls a bit later to let us know that, yes, Cy-Fair College sent a fax but that it was inconclusive proof that Alex is ready for C. Alg. Geeeez! Anyway, she's going to work on finding out more about that and we hope that we can get Alex all set up within the next couple of days.
Jeff and I head out to HEB and do the grocery shopping. I'm still feeling kinda poopy but am SO bored that anything outside of the house sounds appealing. We get back and end up watching some TV until bedtime. Yawn. Boring, I know. I will be calling Dr. Lambert in the morning to ask about this pain 'cause I don't think it's normal and I'm about to run out of pain medication. The pain level is about a 6-7, with occasional spikes of 9, without the pain meds, so I'm really pretty sure I need them for awhile longer. Hope they'll agree and/or let me know what I should do in order to alleviate this garbage. I am trying very hard to be positive, but I'm afraid I'm failing a bit since having the argument with Jeff. I'm a very emotionally based person....Physical pain is NOTHING compared to emotional pain, but when you put the two together, it's hard to be optimistic. I vow to get back to that, though, and the emails from a few friends help to bolster me. I have printed one of their messages out and have it taped to my mirror so that I can read it every morning and at night. The words she sent are just that encouraging...Thank you, Kathy.... =)

No comments: