Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday, August 17

Sunday, August 17
Jeff and I decide that today is going to be a ‘spud day,’ nothing on the agenda and nowhere to go, a day to lounge like lizards and do nada, nix and nothing. Sounds great. However, Jeff’s dad calls and asks if they can come visit, which sounds nice, so we get ready for their visit and then go back to spudding out. We head over to La Madeline for lunch and I totally get into their Tomato Basil soup and turkey sandwich. Oh, yum, I adore their tomato soup though it is the most fattening thing on the planet! Can’t eat much and I end up giving about half of my meal to Jeff, again. Chow, chow, chow, my sweet Jeffrey! He is my disposal and is happy of it. Back at the apartment, we show my Dad in law and his lovely wife, Sandy, around the back yard and a little bit of Selia’s Wildlife Habitat next door. Yep, they’re blown away by the beautiful surroundings. Hard not to be. Her backyard is good for ANYONE’s soul, ill or not. They take off for their home in Lake Livingston and Jeff and I go back to spudsville, with him on the computer being Project Jeff and me napping on the sofa, semi watching Antiques Roadshow. Now, after taking more pain meds, I’m catching up on blogging, listening to the rain and dreading the time that I have to go back and re-trace the hospital adventures. The hospital day blogs are very important, though, because I can share so many great things with you….I’ll get ‘em done but it may take a few more days. Today, I am a spud and no one can take that away from me! =) I will be downright useful again soon, medically speaking, but for now, you get to just read my mundane little diary, lucky you.
I wonder if anyone who needs it can even FIND my blog, though, 'cause I can't seem to successfully locate it on Google with the verbiage that I think folks will use to locate help. So, how helpful to others am I, really, with this blog? I'm thinking not much at this point, but I intend to publish my experiences and make the blog more noteworthy soon, so I hope that it will, indeed, be as helpful as I originally intended it to be. It's becoming more of a diary, with some helpful hints thrown in, these days. However, I will put in more pertinent information when I can get the time. If you have been reading these posts and have cancer, please let me know, k? I'll do whatever I can to help out and/or become a pen pal support person for you. I can and will let you know what to expect out of MD Anderson and/or about your surgery, so let me know. I'll redouble my efforts to get the blog up to date and clinically helpful, if I know someone is actually benefitting from my rambling.... =)

No comments: